Built by Suri and Nayar (SAN) Engineering & Locomotive Co. Bangalore, this loco is currently used on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The loco is a 2-axle air-braked unit and weighs in at around 17.5 tonnes with hydraulic transmission and is powered by a Kirloskar-Cummins engine with 335 hp continuous output. The NDM-6 is the fourth in our series of battery powered diesel models.
This model has been designed and built to be equal in performance to our steam models. It features two powerful geared motors and drive-train and at almost 3.5 kg is quite a heavyweight, with performance to match.
Technical specifications for Darjeeling NDM-6
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with two high quality geared motors and precision made steel helical gear sets.
- Dimensions are :- length 309mm, width 110mm, height 145mm, weight 3.5 kg.
- Full radio control for both speed and direction (and sound if fitted).
- Front and rear working directional headlamps.
- Rechargeable NiMh batteries (10 on loco) for excellent running time complete with fast charger for in-situ charging.
- Gauge adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Insulated wheels as standard.
- Fully glazed windows and removable roof to access interior.
- Available with optional sound system featuring engine sound and horn at extra cost.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.